All Reader Reviews of...
650 Tenth Ave., New York, NY, 10036
nr. 46th St.
Good, but not really good
By JGY on 11/5/2009
I love Ethiopian food, but don't have it very often here, so I was really looking forward to dinner at Queen of Sheba. The place was packed, which seemed like a good sign, even if we were a little cramped at our table. The service was pretty good, but when it came time to leave and I had a lot of leftovers to take with me, I realized it was because the food was good to go with the conversation, but not so good that I really wanted to devour it. I would come back for a second try to see if my initial impression was incorrect, but it was a little disappointing.
Food was delicious - but please...HOLD THE ROACH!
By iamanonymous on 7/17/2009
I went to this restaurant with my friend for the first time today for lunch. The service was very slow (it took about 40 minutes for our dish to come out, and at the time we ordered, we were the only ones in there). Now...the food itself was absolutely delicious. But, I made the mistake of excusing myself to the bathroom halfway through our meal, where I saw a HUGE COCKROACH. I didn't finish my meal. I told the manager and he acted like "no big deal! happens all the time!" and they did nothing to compensate for it on our bill. I can only IMAGINE what they have crawling in the kitchen. I will NEVER go back.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu