All Reader Reviews of...
178 Ninth Ave., New York, NY, 10011
at 21st St.
Cozy, low key spot
By sunnyd08 on 8/15/2008
I tried this place on a rainy night- just looking for a cozy spot to grab a bite. The atmosphere is really lovely- flickering candlelight, living room furniture. The food was good- the crepe was okay, but the lobster ravioli special was really yummy. The pumpkin cheesecake was good, but nothing amazing. Service was slow- the server acted like she didn't really care about us. I know this might sound like a lukewarm or negative review- but I'll definitely go back- the cozy vibe was perfect and I'd like to try the rest of the menu.
pasta la vista, Rafaella!
By Mushy32 on 7/26/2007
I was excited to try this little gem because it was near my apartment and I'd heard it had cute decor. I walked in and immediately wondered if I should leave. Yes the furniture is antique and mis-matched (artsy and fun), but that was about all it had to offer. It was humid and murky inside. The waitress talked to everyone in the place except me, until I had to flag her over. The penne with tomato, arugula and salmon was alright. I had to add salt and parmesean cheese. And worse yet, I had to contantly shoo away flies and fruit flies from my wine and entree. It really grossed me out. I will not return and don't recommend this make anyone's list of "to do"s.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu