All Reader Reviews of...
30 Rockefeller Plaza, 65th fl., New York, NY, 10112
nr. Sixth Ave.
Rainbow Grill - aka Dull Grill
By hally72 on 1/2/2009
JD must be rolling over in his grave. He built the Rockefeller centre to inspire people to greatness and the Rainbow Grill on top of the centre has the most perfect view of the city, only to be spoilt by extremely poor quality food, below average service and average decor. Do you think we will still pay $300 towards a pathetic dinner for 2, even if the drinks are flowing....never again and it pains me to think that JD's name or even NEW YORK is associated with this type of service. The only thing missing from this restaurant is the rats, which are probably in the kitchen. The website states that the Grill is 'fine dining', please explain to me what is fine about a frozen shrimp cocktail and fatty beef. The worst experience of life in New York....please, someone, have the decency to shut the place down or at least send a clear warning that the grill either changes or closes shop.
Let Down At The Top Of The Rock
By jalenwhite33 on 2/24/2008
Went Here Expecting A Great Meal And Atmosphere But Was Very Disappointed. The View Was Great And The Seating Was not Bad, But The Food Was Mediocre At Best And The Price was Expensive.A Let Down To say The Least.
Overpriced and Mediocre
By RestaurantLuvr on 11/4/2007
If you are looking for the most overpriced and mediocre food in the city, you will find it here! A simple salad, dried-out pasta, calamari, and a scallops entree together with two beers will set you back a cool $200. To add insult to injury, when I looked over the bill later ,(rushed to a show), the waiter had charged $10 for two nonexistent coffees. The lighting is too bright inside, the tables are close, and the floor shakes from the cattle stampede that never ends. But alas, the view: Save $150 and buy a couple tickets to the Top of the Rock and have dinner somewhere else.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu