All Reader Reviews of...
204 Garfield Pl., 2nd fl., Brooklyn, NY, 11215
at Seventh Ave.
A Delicious Surprise
By Fussydiner on 10/7/2013
It's been a long time since I've really enjoyed a Mexican meal out. Either the food is uninspired or tasteless or relies on way too much salt for its flavor. After endlessly perusing the Menu Pages reviews in Brooklyn Hts and the Slope, I decided to take a chance with Rancho Alegre and am I happy I did. Our waitress Anna was a delightful hostess and the food she brought to the table was well presented and deliciously tasty - the Chile Rellenos had a nice fresh bite, the tostada was really crispy and the guacamole was excellent. As a finale, the flan was perfect - very custardy without relying entirely on sugar for its taste. We also did not find the prices any higher than most of the other well-rated Mexican Restaurants. Thank you Anna and Rancho Alegre for a delicious meal and excellent hospitality.
good Mexican food in Park Slope
By nyomnom on 9/28/2008
Good, consistent Mexican food. Yummy salsa and chips are always plentiful. Good, friendly service as well. The waiters and waitresses are always there to bring more chips and refill your water but without being too intrusive.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages