- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
455 E. 114th St., New York, NY, 10029
at Pleasant Ave.
first time at raos
By gail.w.garcia on 4/24/2013
was very excited to go.... when we arrived on a tuesday night, not to crowded...had a drink at the bar...everyone pleasant...sat at a booth they had...glad we were all thin booth very narrow....wine was great ,service was nice .no one bothered you ..they really were not friendly...for appetizers we had the seafood salad and the calamari was very very good ...the pasta was great the sauce so good. meatballs very good the linguine with calms so good......now the lemon chicken was burnt and was served with a long black hair in it... and the veal marsala was very salty.....if i go back will try something different
1st time @ Rao's
By gumbagabe44 on 9/11/2009
Food is good. Sauce is excellent. Price is right. A must see as far as the "characters" hanging around.
By twistam1 on 3/12/2009
I was lucky enough to get a table a few weeks ago on a monday night... the place was amazing! The food was awesome. Shells with ricotta sauce, meatballs...oh my god the meatballs. Im italian.. still live in brooklyn and ive had some great meatballs but this one puts them to shame (sorry mom and mrs g). the baked clams were crispy on the outside and so juicy and flavorful on the inside. The calamari in the seafood salad melted in your mouth. We finished up with veal marsala and lemon chicken. everything was top notch. The service was great and everyone was so nice even though we knew no-one. Big Frank even thanked us and took a picture. If you get a chance go.. don't miss out!
By sweetaloha808 on 11/3/2007
The whole experience was great! I had the lemon chicken to compare it too my husband's, who has mastered the recipe. And sure enough it was proven, he has. His is just as great as the original, delicious! Everything was great & the wine we ordered was $49.99, delicious also. Until we went to purchase it at the wine store to find out that it a 12.99 dollar bottle of wine. Not an expensive, top of the line bottle of vino. What a total mark up & rip off. Abit distasteful & cheesy, don't you think..
What can I possibly say? This is as good as life gets.
By rscottp on 1/29/2005
It's not just food. It's the feeling of being home with the whole big, ugly, gorgeous family. Every uncle, every aunt, cousins, nephews, nieces...all eating, laughing, being loud, loving, and sharing together under one roof. The food? Absolutely the best. I would gladly give whatever it takes to get a table there. I'm hoping (really hard) that we will have that opportunity again. It's magic, my friend, and there's no way to explain it.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu