All Reader Reviews of...
165 Allen St., New York, NY, 10002
nr. Stanton St.
Upscale Authentic Latin Cuisine (South of Houston!)
By honduricanles on 7/31/2007
For some time now, this Miami native has been searching for a true authentic Latin Restaurant "South of Houston". And I finally did, the flavors both chefs (food and dessert) blends together are Euphoric! The waiter was extremely knowledgeable and the entire wait staff was attentive. Our top appetizer/entree choices are listed in order of preference: "Churrasco con Cangrejo" (Brazilian style with a twist!), "Jalea" (OMG!), "Camarones con Chorizo" (tasty) and the "Siete Potencia"(Huge fan of this "ceviche" plate). We ended the night with 3 sets of dessert but the "Limon al Estilo Libre" made our forks never touch the table (for a break!). The cream on top of the lemon tart took me back to my childhood days in "Little Havana". Drink items that topped our list: "Watermelon-Lemongrass Mojito: and "Pina Partida". The entire experience was the best I have had in a long time that is until the next time I return back!
By anthon5 on 7/9/2007
I recenly organized a friends birthday dinner with 14 people at this gem of a restaurant. The place is chic and lively, yet warm and inviting. no attitudes anywhere. The food is outstanding we tried just about every appetizer and entree on the menu. By the second bite everybody was swapping forks. The drinks are bar none the best of any restaurant in ny. I go to all the top places and i never had drinks like these, though they take awhile to get to you... but, worth the wait. the service was fast and knowledgable. Go eat now before it's impossible to get a table.
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat â€‹Right Now
- CafÃ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’