All Reader Reviews of...
227 Tenth Ave., New York, NY, 10011
nr. 23rd St.
The Red Cat Purrs
By martin_chamois on 7/15/2005
The Red Cat provides pleasant and enjoyable dinning as you dream about days on the Cape or in the Vineyard. The rustic interior of barn side panels and candle flickering lamps may seem a little too "colonial", but the modern art and general atmosphere make it very comfortable. The restaurant has very good wait staff, and attentive chef and a kitchen that prepares most enjoyable meals. While the intensity of the food is soft, the pleasure is full and the overall dinning experience is pleasant. You can almost hear the cat purring.
By orologi on 1/18/2005
Just Superb. Everything was good: the food, the service, the atmosphere. I was not in the least disappointed!
By Butter on 7/21/2004
The Red Cat is our home away from home for a reason! Excellent food, cozy, chic atmosphere and the warmest service in Manhattan. Danny Abram's flagship is managed superbly by the dapper Connor at the door while Jared behind the bar pours a mean Fresca (house specialty). Can you name another restaurant in the city that serves bacon tempura? Divine. The best of the best.
Innovative; sure to please
By zeecee on 3/30/2003
This is one of the places you can return to often, knowing you'll like the menu selection and food preparation. It's not fussy, but lovely. And any restaurant that serves a delicious sardine appetizer immediately wins my vote. The food was excellent. Dinner was around $50 (with wine) and well worth it. It's casual, but could be special occasion.
A Gem in an odd neighborhood
By Pudgy on 12/30/2002
Though the prices are high, the food and the service is worth it. The main courses are surprisingly refined.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Pizzeria Debuts Trump Pizza, Sliced Small for People With Tiny Fingers
- Donald Trump Celebrates Cinco de Mayo With ‘the Best Taco Bowls’
- New York Times Getting Into the Business of Delivering Food to People’s Homes
- The Metrograph Movie House Serves Steak Tartare at Its Commissary
- Jewish Leader Accuses Michelin of Being Anti-Semitic