All Reader Reviews of...
202 Centre St., New York, NY, 10013
at Howard St.
By Cornellian on 2/9/2010
I decided to try out Red Egg on the Chinese new year's eve last year and was pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent, and for the new year's eve there was an authentic Dragon Dance with all the traditional bells and whistles included..... Everyone was suitably impressed. If you visit be sure to try the crispy garlic chicken - it's garlicky and crispy outside but juicy and tender inside! It's pricey for Chinatown standards, and the decor is definitely tacky, but the food made it worthwhile. Some items on the menu are unexpectedly costly so be sure to look before you order. The online reservation is another convenient feature, and I like the fact it serves dim sum in a non-brunch hour.
Waste of my money.
By n3wy0rk7i8 on 1/16/2010
Red Egg serves food that is too overpriced and their food is mediocre. There are many other restaurants I know that serves cheaper and better food.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu