All Reader Reviews of...
890 Seventh Ave., New York, NY, 10019
at 56th St.
The Redeye Grill - A Great Place to Dine
By LNWDL on 11/12/2010
While looking for a place to eat during a recent trip to NY, My husband and I happened upon a wonderful restaurant call the Redeye Grill. We were given a friendly greeting when we entered the restaurant and the staff was very attentive but not over bearing or intrusive. We both chose the Short Ribs and I am glad we did, they were delicious. The beef was very tender and the flavor of the meat and the sauce were to die for. I asked for a spoon so I would not miss a drop! There were two negatives in our experience. My husband said the mixed greens walnut salad was not very good and our server was not able to adequately answer questions about the items on the menu, the ingredients in them and how they were made. That being said, our overall experience was great and we will definitely return.
By sahw on 2/6/2004
Nice spot for after theatre dining. Jazz playing, and many types of Salmon to choose from. A fun place.
Wide Eyes at Redeye
By martin_chamois on 5/27/2003
Expect very large portions of whatever you order at this mid-town bistro. With emphasis on beef and fish - including sushi - the large dinning room presents excellent seating, and very good food served by very good waiters. Service is unusually attentive. Perhaps smaller portions and lower prices would be preferable, but the crowds seem to enjoy the current formula.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s