- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
2 Columbus Circle, New York, NY, 10019
nr. 58th St.
Food is good, but don't count on basking in the view . . . or seeing much of your waiter either.
By foodfighternyc on 3/27/2011
We went to Robert on a beautiful Sunday afternoon, with the hope of taking in the view of Central Park over a relaxing lunch. We were surprised to find that the layout of the restaurant only allows for a narrow row of tables situated directly against the window to see any of Central Park at all. The next disappointment was the underwhelming service. The waiter made his first visit to the table 25 minutes after we'd been seated. Luckily, we had been given menus when entering and were able to quickly tell him what we wanted, because we didn't see him again for another hour. Somewhere around the 45 minute mark, a food runner brought us a bread basket and apologized for its delay. Just before I was about to eat my own tongue another half hour later, we finally got our food. By the time we got the check and then finally got them to run our card, we'd been at Robert for 2 hours--mostly a hungry, viewless 2 hours. The food was good--not amazing, but definitely good. Probably wouldn't go back for another meal, but would return for evening cocktails. If you're looking for a leisurely paced place to kill some time with friends, Robert would be just fine. Just be in the mood to relax your expectations.
robert on a march night
By ellinjane on 3/17/2010
love love loved it!!!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu