All Reader Reviews of...
741 Ninth Ave., New York, NY, 10019
at 50th St.
By texasmountaineer on 8/15/2009
This place was a great find while strolling the neighborhood. From the outside I always thought it was plain and nondiscript...and there was never really anyone in there... Stopped by one day for lunch and have made my way back many times. The food, service, and decor is worth the trip
By mariorat on 4/17/2007
Went there this past Saturday (4/14). The ambience and decor was good and so was the service. The salad was delicious but when I ordered the classic Italian dish - spaghetti a la carbonara, I got served a bowl of pasta with sliced bacon, not pancetta and an actual slice of bacon that looked as it just got out of the microwave. It smelled like breakfast, not dinner. I could not help myself to touch the bacon. The sauce in itself was not existent, and was not able to taste the pecorino romano cheese at all. It is always the simple things that most people and businesses fail to do that lead to an unpleasant experience.
By caramia on 6/24/2005
the food is amazing, braising is his specialty. will be back. highly recommended
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu