All Reader Reviews of...
190A Duane St., New York, NY, 10013
at Greenwich St.
Sunday Night Dinner
By fergusonlr on 1/20/2014
This is one of our go to favorites, however, Sunday night we were sorely disappointed, perhaps for the first time in the 10 years or more that we have been going here. The waiter had to keep asking other servers about the various sauces for the pasta dishes and the make-up of other choices. The Fried Calamari and Zucchini were not as crispy and hot as usual. The Bavettine with Black Kale and Anchovies was lukewarm at best and the Fettuccine a la vongole, though hot, was largely tasteless. Even the assorted cookies were mediocre. While we were eating, the staff began to gather at the serving area near our table and began a loud and boisterous conversation, that included dropping a heavy piece of equipment that loudly clattered down the stairs to the kitchen! The most attention that we received was servers asking several times if we were finished as they obviously wanted to clear the table as soon as possible. We are so disappointed in this experience, but will try again to discover our usual favorable impressions.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s