- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
243 Dekalb Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11205
nr. Vanderbilt Ave.
Really delicious food
By NeverFull on 11/24/2012
After hearing from multiple friends that we had to try it out, my wife and I finally went to Roman's. Should have gone much earlier! This is great restaurant. All the dishes used fresh, seasonal ingredients. The bagna cauda had a really vibrant clean tasting anchovy flavor and the vegetables that came with it - carrots, kale, cauliflower - looked and tasted like they were carefully chosen at the farmer's market. The sweet potato agnolotti had just a hint of orange peel and an excellent textural contrast because the interior had a nice chunky bite. A monkfish and mussels dish was very well cooked and just when I thought, "I wish we had some bread to soak up all the delicious sauce", it appeared in front of us like the waiter had been watching and waiting for the perfect moment. I ravenously devoured it and only now figured out why my wife was laughing at me. More dishes came, all ones I would order again. The menu apparently changes all the time, so we're excited to go back more to see what's new. Cocktails were fun and the list of wines by the glass was well curated and organized. The bartender was really helpful and the service there was just very smooth. Very friendly staff and easy to deal with. The restaurant has a welcoming, warm vibe. Great date night spot for all those reasons and because the menu worked well for sharing.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu