All Reader Reviews of...
17 Cleveland Pl., New York, NY, 10012
nr. Kenmare St.
By flour on 6/5/2007
Too pricey for this overrated dessert restaurant, bad service, bland food, worst thing is, they cannot even give you proper menu info and are dishonest about menus. Was served items not listed in menu description. i.e. nuts etc...
By embley on 12/18/2006
Avant-garde cuisine that works. I've had some of the best desserts I've ever eaten here (particularly the cacao fruit sorbet dusted with coco nibs). Sleek minimalist bar, great lighting, perfect for dates. Highly recommended.
good concept however, expensive
By flaca on 11/29/2006
This place is a good idea, the desserts were very imaginative and diverse however, the wine (avg $14 per glass) is served in cordial serving of a champagne glass. Do not have a cocktail and or drink here unless you are prepared to throw down $45 on a drink and dessert. The desserts are executed very well and make a point to combine diverse flavors. The service is very informative and happy to answer your questions. The one problem that I had with this place was how skimpy they were with the wine & dessert servings - very tiny! Great idea albeit not a good bang for the buck.
Much Ado About Nothing
By cateljo on 11/6/2006
Irrelevant. The experience is irrelevant. I had the chocolate something (can't remember exact name, a choice of 4 choco-based desserts) and got a chocolate mousse that was the same as you would get at the supermarket. And one caramelized base! Do you need to go to a fancy and costly place (and not particularly friendly, either) to experience the same sensations you would if you were a prolet in a one-horse town biting at your Mars bar?
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu