All Reader Reviews of...
1063 First Ave., New York, NY, 10022
at 58th St.
By sahw on 7/20/2003
Outstanding Mexican food at outstanding prices, but really worth it. The guacamole prepared at the table is a must. Grilled shrimp dish features big succulent shrimp over rice, tomatoes, seasoned to perfection. The lamb shank is also delicious. Sangria is addicting. A fun night in a fun place with excellent food and service.
Guacamole is divine
By Uplange on 3/24/2004
Perfect guacamole, not too garlicky which is really good. Food is great too... I will definitely go back..
By Sabie on 1/24/2006
guacamole tableside was the best ! along with the dinner and drinks. I will go back my next trip to NYC.
By josefinee on 9/20/2011
I love this place! i moved to new york 1 year ago from denmark and before that i've been here many times and every time i visit nyc i have to visit rosa mexicano! it's amazing! the food, drinks, service and the place!! Everything :)
By PupoftheRhones on 12/23/2013
Everyone hates me* because I am always making them eat here, at this 'overpriced'. restaurant. I would disagree, and argue that this is one of maybe four (?) fun, trendy restaurants with good food, that actually have a menu dedicated to gluten-free fare for silly yaks like me. Given how often I come here, I must be among the top 17 patrons. I truly love mexican food, and have a real soft spot in my heart for chips and salsa/guacamole. The guacamole here is excellent, although the whole "made tableside" thing is annoying. I mean, just make it in the kitchen and bring it out here. That way I can avoid sitting silently awkwardly watching you make it/providing 'helpful suggestions' on how much onions/tomatoes/jalepenos, etc you should include. The bartenders are very friendly and accommodating. ========================================================================== *And for a couple of other reasons which are mostly outside the scope of this discussion
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu