All Reader Reviews of...
61 Columbus Ave., New York, NY, 10023
at 62nd St.
My favorite splurge in the city! A+
By cb85 on 9/21/2011
If I'm feeling fancy I always go to Rosa Mexicano. It has been a family favorite for years and great for a meal pre/post a Lincoln Center event. The service is great and they are courteous even if there is a long wait. The novelty of making the guacamole at the table doesn't seem to ever wear off for me. I like the chicken entree that comes with cheese in a skillet. It is a more affordable option and so delicious. The 'budin azteca' a sort-of Mexican tortilla-based version of lasagna is great as well. Save room for one of their incredible desserts! A+ all around!
Best service in Manhattan
By kris10 on 9/3/2010
What struck me most about this place was the staff. They were the most professional and courteous I've experienced anywhere in quite a while. It was a busy evening during Restaurant Week, yet we never felt rushed or ignored. The food and beverages were fantastic. The presentation of the meal and the atmosphere were equally satisfying.
Great Spot With Great Food & Atmosphere
By smmantastic on 9/24/2009
The service and the decor are phenomenal at Rosa Mexican, but in addition to that, the food is fantastic. A meal can get rather pricey, especially if you take advantage of the fabulous pomegranate margaritas - but you are guaranteed a great night. The freshly made guacamole is a must.
I love this place
By Boplicity on 9/16/2009
I love Rosa! The food is delicious and the service is extremely classy. They always go out of their way for you. Be sure and check out their "events" because the specials are consistently delicious. I regularly bring people for business and it never fails to impress and create a great atmosphere.
overall enjoyable place for dinner
By Pefac on 3/17/2009
Ive eaten here on a few occasions and the amount of food they give for the price makes a good value for a high end mexican restaurant. the guacamole is delicious however if u have it, i suggest getting a light meal for a main dish as it is very heavy. I would personally avoid the margharitas as i had one and it made me sick, but the sangria is delicious.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages
- Turns Out the Robot Apocalypse Will Begin at Fast-Food Restaurants