- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
285 Third Ave. , New York, NY, 11215
nr. Carroll St.
Definitely welcome in Gowanus!
By foodisallthereis on 3/29/2013
There's not a lot going on in Gowanus food-wise, so I was really excited when this place finally opened up. It was worth the wait! The pastries are excellent-great almond croissant, lemon poppy seed cake, and the danish (which is my favorite). The buckwheat baguette is everything I could want out of a loaf. I've only been for dinner once, so far, but it was memorable. Great chicken dish with dumplings, and the lamb my boyfriend had was out of this world! Not gamey like lamb can sometimes be, and perfectly seasoned. You get a cute little olive pastry before dinner, which is yummy, and the homemade walnut ice cream is heaven on a spoon. They should start selling pints of that to go. I can't wait to go for brunch! So happy they're here.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu