All Reader Reviews of...
25-41 Broadway, Queens, NY, 11106
at 29th St.
By LMSanchez on 8/7/2007
My apprehension about moving to Astoria after eating my way through all of Manhattan for so long lasted only hours. On my first night in Astoria, tired from unpacking, I found my way to this neighborhood joint for a quick bite. I stayed for hours. Their Margherita pizza is by far the best I have tasted, and their artichoke appetizer ROCKS! There is also a small bar area where you can order anything from the menu and watch sports events (with the volume turned off so you can still enjoy the beautiful music), and a side with take-out service and a few smaller tables. The staff is genuinely friendly and responsive, and they seem to know everyone by name or usual drink! Top that off with the personal attention you get from the owners Anthony and Domenic, and you cannot go wrong. There is something to be said about the days when owners walked around to the tables and chatted for a bit (without being obtrusive) -- and this is exactly what you get at Sac's. Now my favorite place to eat, even my food snob Manhattan friends are trekking out and getting hooked!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s