All Reader Reviews of...
152 W. 49th St., New York, NY, 10019
nr. Seventh Ave.
Honest simple and good!!
By camilogpg on 3/15/2009
I guess my subject line says everuthing, but I hace to say that I had a wonderfull experience. The food was simple and excellent, the service was friendly and discomplicated. The overall feel of the place was relaxed and everyone was having a great time. IÂ´ll be back
By rumbumbacca on 5/8/2008
Joe D is absolutely right. Hagi is a joy, and a true rarity outside of Tokyo. I enjoy the tako yaki, lightly fried octopus balls, a popular Japanese street food. The broiled dried skate fin is the best bar snack possible. Ginjyo sake is a steal at $5 a glass on certain nights. Agedashi, miso soup and hijiki are common, yet delicious and reasonable here. The tempura sea eel with citrus salt is superb, and the generous serving of hamachi sashimi is fresh and cold. if you want to tease your gob, order the wasabi octopus with mountain yam. Yowzee!! (But please don't go, as I hate crowds.)
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu