All Reader Reviews of...
58 MacDougal St., New York, NY, 10012
nr. King St.
great food and great service
By youyou on 12/3/2008
We've been living- and eating- in NYC long enough to have eaten almost everywhere and look out for the gems. The food at Salt is simply delicious; everything from the amazing bread to the home made pasta to the perfect deserts- every mouthful sings. If there's anything that lacks, it's the space between tables, where you just have to hope you're lucky enough not to sit next to the two 30somethings loudly talking about their boyfriends and nights out. Try to go on early-ish on a weekday night if you actually want to have your own conversation, if not just focus on the amazing food! We'll be back.
A little below expectation
By dwallack79 on 5/7/2008
I had read some great reviews of salt. I was glad when I happened upon it while wandering the village one night. I was disappointed with the space. The decor was too casual for what they were charging for the food. I was eating on a white picnic bench. The food was good, although everything I had was prepared better somewhere else. My experience at Salt was by no means bad, but I think I was let down by my own expectation.
casual done right
By TheBoyAboutTown on 2/17/2007
A great place for a casual meal without a hint of french fries or coleslaw on the menu like any diner in New York. When the place is full it gets LOUD. One must get the carmalized onion risotto with red wine reduction and lamb's lettuce if it is on the menu. The pick a sides feature is great and interesting because each dish depending on your combonation of sides will have its own unique presentation. The service was a tad slow, and not in the hands off relaxed way.
Great food good value
By Klumsee on 11/2/2005
As soon as I walked through the door I knew I was going to enjoy this experience. We were warmly greeted, taken straight to our table and the service was impeccable all evening. Believe it or not, the food was even better. I had the duck, my friend had the steak - great home style cooking bursting with tenderness and flavours. Oh, and the wine list was pretty good too.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Turns Out the Robot Apocalypse Will Begin at Fast-Food Restaurants
- A Brand-New Brooklyn Restaurant Specializes in Modern Taiwanese Food
- Salad Chain Literally Everyone’s Obsessed With Bans Bacon and Sriracha From Its Menus
- Lin-Manuel Miranda â€‹Finally Got His Sardi’s Portrait
- Dairy Queen Gives America ‘Ultimate Frappé’ Coffee Drinks