All Reader Reviews of...
29A Clinton St., New York, NY, 10002
nr. Stanton St.
By Milena757 on 1/10/2009
I went to Salt bar for the first time last week. The food was amazing. Decadently hearty would be my description. The vibe was relaxed and the music was great. The bartender was adorable Looking forward to my next visit.
one of my favorites
By youyou on 12/3/2008
I sat down to a small table with friends and we, quite surprisingly, had one of the best meals of 2006. The meal was the best of everything: the best olive oil, olives, beef wellington and baked brie you could dream of. There's definitely a group of friends that hang out here so that it was sometimes hard to pull the waitstaff's attention away from chatting at the bar. However, the food was delivered promptly and everyone was very kind and welcoming. There's a great ambience for dates or having a slow, good meal with good friends. There's also a long table perfect for a bigger party which we are already planning at Salt Bar.
Service? What service?
By SouthCentralBetty on 10/31/2007
I had walked by Salt Bar a few months ago and thought it looked like a nice place to go. Last weekend I met up there with a few friends. We ordered drinks and appetizers. The appetizer NEVER arrived and the drink service was incredibly slow. It was as if the bartender was doing you a huge favor making a drink. I (and the other 9 people I was with) will never go there again.
Favorite neighborhood place
By Oleanor on 3/15/2004
I love getting a glass of wine and sharing several appetizers with friends. Delicious food and reasonably-priced wine.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu