- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
145 E. 39th St., New York, NY, 10016
nr. Lexington Ave.
By birdy_numnum on 7/25/2013
Just went to Salvation Taco last night. My group of 6 was seated without a problem, but we were told a bunch of rules that are so confusing and convoluted. We were told that large groups cannot sit in the "restaurant" area, rather we could only sit in the "lounge" area even for dinner as the tables in the restaurant cannot be pushed together to accommodate large groups. Also, they do not seat you until the entire group is there, but because we wanted to get drinks and some appetizers while we waited for the rest of the group, they sat the 3 of us near the bar in an area that says "see host to be seated." We were then told by the waitress that if we put our order in where we were, then we couldn't move to another area when the rest of our group showed up. We are a pretty flexible bunch, so we said that would be fine. We'll stay where we are and when the rest of us arrived, they could join us in this strange area next to the bar even though the 6 of us would be seated in a straight line (not much for conversation, but anyway...). When the rest of our group arrived, we were asked if we wanted to move to the lounge area. Um, didn't they tell us that we couldn't move once our order was in? There are all these rules that we were told and they didn't even abide by them. SO STRANGE! Otherwise, the food was delicious, but as I read in other reviews, the service is slooooooow. Go early and with only a few people.
How can you mess up high-end Mexican food so badly?
By knishycous on 3/21/2013
This place is a parody of what a good Taco place should feel like. A group of us went here a few weeks ago and not only did I become ill after eating here but the food, timing, and services was terrible as well. I got my food first -- only to have the rest of my friends wait 15 minutes for their food. The Steak Burrito that I ordered looked like it was microwaved. I wish I had spent time looking at the Yelp reviews. Salvation Taco encourages the myth that there is no great Mexican food in NYC (which is false, see Los Hermanos in Bushwick, Many places in Sunset Park, and even those terrifying Tex-Mex places in Murray Hill would have been better)
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu