All Reader Reviews of...
277 Water St., New York, NY, 10038
at Dover St.
What a great little place
By lewie on 8/7/2012
We were not aware this little gem existed in our neighborhood. We had passed by a few weeks ago and decided to give it a try. We were graciously greeted and seated. We ordered oysters and the warm peach and mozzarella salad. My husband said the oysters were quite tasty and the peach and mozzarella salad ROCKED! We ordered Monkfish which was rich and excellent and reminded us of the wonderfuly restaurants in St. Maarten. I ordered the roast pork and broad noodles topped with ricotta cheese. Not like Grandma made, it was BETTER. We did not have dessert only cappucino which was very good as well. The staff, Pam, Anise and Eric could not have been nicer. We plan on going back for the prix fixe dinner very soon as there are many great items on the menu.
SamSara Classy near the Seaport
By exNASAguy on 4/3/2012
Great smallish place with tapas-like, inventive entrees. I particularly liked the tea-smoked Scottish Salmon and Pulled Pork Profiteroles, and the Waffles and Cream with candied bacon for dessert! Friendly service, in a low-key environment. Nice, choice of wines. It's next to the Bridge Cafe on an historic side street by the Brooklyn Bridge.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More