All Reader Reviews of...
81 Lexington Ave., New York, NY, 10016
at 26th St.
Great place for authentic South Indian food
By rikusumita on 6/2/2013
I just got back from breakfast at Saravanaa Bhavan and I loved it. I was there around 10am and the place wasn't crowded, and the waiters were very responsive. Food was delicious ... madras coffee, dosa, idli and sambar ... all were excellent.
Love this place, despite it's flaws!
By nshippy on 9/29/2009
Firstly, I love this place. I'm a 21 year old college student, so my standards aren't that high, BUT! Great dirty south indian food! These dosas are made QUICK and have a nice greasy dirty taste. The place is packed, PACKED every night. The service is the worst I've ever seen but they're not rude or mean. Just clumsy and disorganized. Anyway, it can't ruin the delicious food at great cheap prices for me! 20 bucks and I've got two dishes and a pint :D.
By hcpant7 on 9/22/2008
If you dont want to be welcome go here.The waiters treat you as intruders in their gossips Even asking for water is sin.They charge you for extra Cuttney with Dosa or Idli which you have to ask because they serve so little It comes only after you have finished Dosa. To call Waiter again either go to the cash counter or shout.Terrible attitude and service If you can tolerate this go the the stuff is not bad but be prepared for being ignored and charged for small things and dirty floor--HCPant
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations