All Reader Reviews of...
234 W. 44th St., New York, NY, 10036
By supperclub on 12/11/2012
Dined here for our first time - had lunch on Dec. 5th, 2012. Arrived with Open Table reservation at 1:00 pm. The place was packed with customers that had arrived earlier to have lunch prior to 2:00 pm Broadway matinees. The pleasant man at the host station first asked us if we were going to a show - so they could provide super quick service. Since we weren't, the service was at a perfectly relaxed pace. The menu choices were huge - an expansive regular lunch menu and a separate loose page with many specials of the day. It was hard to make a choice. My partner and I enjoyed the entire experience - old fashioned touches like the choice of various breads from a basket presented by the waiter, a silver pot of coffee left at the table after he poured the first cup, etc. We had expected smug, indifferent service because of the 'tourist' reputation...but if I had been entertaining an important client, I would have been very pleased.
Sardi Resturant Review
By iflu on 6/16/2011
I went to Sardi's last Friday night with a few friend and I thought that the place was decent and clean. There service was a bit slow and we had to wait for our salads. The noise level was casual. The waiters were very kind and patient. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a fine place like Sardi. The furniture is very theatrical. It is an elegant but casual place. It almost feels homy.
By gleamingstag on 5/21/2008
O.K. the pricing is not what one would expect at McDonald's, but nothing else at Sardi's can be found at McDonald's either. EVERYTHING ( almost) is more expensive in New York than at home... so my account on pricing should be taken with a grain of salt. It was quiet when I was there... so I did not get to see what Sardi's is like full. What I CAN say is that the New York friend I asked to meet us at Sardi's for lunch ( such a young fellow) has been taking clients to Sardi's regularly since I asked him to meet us there. Sardi's is not just a restaurant, it is an Icon... good food, good service, GREAT history...
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu