All Reader Reviews of...
548 Third Ave., New York, NY, 10016
nr. 37th St.
By HerbRothman on 6/8/2010
If you like to eat turkey carved right from the bird, this is the place to go on a Saturday night after 5pm. Every customer also gets a free appetizer portion of chopped liver along with fresh challah bread. It is the old second avenue deli without the lines and the cramped quarters that the new second avenue deli has. The pastrami is to die for and every table gets complimentary lower east side style pickles and cole slaw. They now also serve Hebrew National brand franks and salami.
DO NOT GO HERE
By dorothymalkin on 4/13/2008
DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE.....I used to be a loyal Sarge's customer. However, they are completely incapable of taking an order from seamless web or over the phone. I had to wait 3 HOURS for my meal. I called three times and only found out the third time that they didn't have my order. Yet, they had confirmed twice that it was on its way out. Not only has this been ridiculous, but they showed no remorse or compensation. They obviously didn't care AT ALL about their customers. They are unable to handle a simple delivery and do not care at all about having reliable service. If their food was amazing that might somehow justify this terrible experience. However, it is simply not the 2nd avenue deli OR Carnagie by a long shot. IT'S NOT WORTH THE WAIT OR THE HASSLE. THEIR SERVICE IS LITERALLY TERRIBLE AND THEIR EMPLOYEES ARE RUDE AND INCAPABLE OF DELIVERING A SIMPLE ORDER....THEIR FOOD IS NOT EVEN WORTH A QUARTER OF THE HASSLE THAT IT REQUIRES TO HAVE IT DELIVERED.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Pizzeria Debuts Trump Pizza, Sliced Small for People With Tiny Fingers
- Donald Trump Celebrates Cinco de Mayo With ‘the Best Taco Bowls’
- New York Times Getting Into the Business of Delivering Food to People’s Homes
- The Metrograph Movie House Serves Steak Tartare at Its Commissary
- Jewish Leader Accuses Michelin of Being Anti-Semitic