All Reader Reviews of...
122 Union St., Brooklyn, NY, 11231
nr. Columbia St.
Perfect for what it is: cheap, yummy, fun
By brooklynliz on 5/1/2005
Schnack is a New York rarity: cheap but yummy food, service without attitude, and fun in dining without a big long wait. Thank goodness for Brooklyn where such a place can exist and flourish. Schnack offers cheap beer and root beer, mini burgers (think gourmet White Castle) done up with whatever you like, and sickly delicious sweet potato fries and onion rings. If burgers aren't your thing try the very yummy turkey schnitzel. For the right low-key casual person, this would be a great date spot. For everyone else, go with lots and lots of friends and have your fun!
Definitely My Kind of Place
By Big_Al on 7/22/2004
Schnack was all I'd read and heard. The Schnackies (mini burgers) were superb. I had a great double with mushrooms, onions & cheese. Also had a single with Schnack (special) sauce; sounds plain but it was awesome. The beef is spiced perfectly and very savory. Definitely spend a dollar on the pork and onion Schnackie. It's a chunk of pork chop smothered in onions--literally melts in your mouth. Yam fries were sweet and tasty. Finally, I had a non-menu special that was salad, two chili tacos and a pork tamale. More beans than I like in the tacos but still delicious; the tamale was great too but needed more heat. Service was the one letdown. If you get the skinny heroin-chic looking dude, change your seat. He had us on the pay-no-mind list all afternoon. Except when the boss showed up, then he was gathering plates and offering napkins. My fist was about to give him an intervention. Everyone else, including the boss (owner?) was super-nice. Don't avoid this place because of one jerk. Food is fresh and unreal and the prices are cheeeaaappp. Next time: turkey schnitzel and a beer milkshake! I have a new favorite food joint.
Laid Back Comfort Food
By joserocks on 7/22/2003
My friends and I are happy to welcome Schnack to our neighborhood. In an area happilly devoid of chain fast food joints, Schnack provides everything a McDonalds could ever hope to offer - hot dogs, vegetarian specials, and most importantly, beer! I can rely on Schnack for for delivery, take-out, or dine-in. The staff are courteous, the food fast and consistent, and the atmosphere is laid back and welcoming. I can't believe that after working until 12:00 at night I can stop by for a quick bite, a cheap beer, and play DJ with the ecclectic selection of vinyl. Thanks Harry
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu