All Reader Reviews of...
19 E. 26th St. , New York, NY, 10010
nr. Madison Ave.
By Ortolan on 7/25/2010
Bland, expensive and loud...that about sums it up. Do not go looking to eat a meal, but definitely check out the bar if you work in the area. Don't waste your time...or $ otherwise.
avoid this place
By Sctory on 11/12/2010
SD26 provided one of the worst dining experiences I've had in years in New York. The space looks like something that Carrie and the girls would have loved around 2002 - bright, loud, and uncomfortable (we were seated at a table of red leather stools). I'm not sure we even had a waiter assiged to our table - we just asked the overworked bus staff for things when we got desperate. The menu was confusing, long, and overpriced. And the food was plain gross - my zucchini starter had clearly been cooked a few days ago and was plopped, cold, onto a side plate. My pasta with (frozen) clams was way too salty and far too simple (and yet not fresh tasting) to warrant the price (or those uncomfortable stools).
By scosrn on 9/21/2010
Never had I had a more horrible dining experience in my life. I took my best friend to the restaurant in order to acknowledge my husband's passing four months ago. We waited 30 minutes before anyone approached our table (besides the bread guy and someone to bring us water). We were handed an iPad for us to figure out which wine we would like to order. 20 minutes later a waiter asked us if we were ok. We said no. He walked away. It was a jumbled mess. The Manager asked us 5 minutes later if we would like anything. We said we would like to order. He walked away. I could see him on the upper balcony pacing. We received no service. We had told the manager we would like to order food but he disappeared. We said we would like to order some wine but not off the iPad. He looked at us quizzically then brought us a bottle of pino girgio. The sommelier started to pour without telling us about the wine and then we left. Its an enormous space with an enormous staff and no one cares about you. NEVER will i go back again~~
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu