All Reader Reviews of...
19 E. 26th St. , New York, NY, 10010
nr. Madison Ave.
By kathygantz on 1/16/2010
Went on a Sat night with another couple. Everyone had a terrific experience. Tony May and has daughter greet you. Tasters are brought to the table. My meal was delicious. They make their own bread on the premises. The bar scene is terrific
passionate venture from Tony and Marisa May (with chef Odette Fada et al.).
By NY2DINE4 on 12/4/2009
I tasted delectable menu items and gained actual knowledge navigating the tech forward SD26 wine list. Yet this week I fell in love with SD26 because it matched *all* my preferences: Savvy Restaurateurs, a Talented Chef - they're my A-listers! I was red carpet ready!! Dining room buzz in that sexy setting was an appetizer of foodie foreplay. Then my NY2DINE4 fanny hit the seat for a seductive menu - superlative service, incredibly fabulous food. I happily payed - my guests haven't stopped thanking me! I'll playfully sum up: SD26 equaled sustainable excitement from my first little glimpse of those twinkling stars in the ceiling to the last luscious lick of my panna cotta. Food, heavenly, Decor, intergalactic, Service, out of this world! Stars aligned! Seriously, SD26 raises every benchmark!
Party of 6
By Lady2u on 11/25/2009
A group of us went there on Friday for my birthday celebration. The actual location is very hip and very modern. Our rsvp was for 9:00pm, but unfortunately our table wasnt ready! Well, after an HOUR wait...the manager finally came over, very apologetic, and offered us complimentary champange! Being that we had no plan B, we decided to finish our champagne and stay for the dinner (finally at 10:10pm). We all found our dishes to be quite tasty...just note, if you go there really hungry-make sure to order the "large" portions. Overall, everyone agreed that the food made it worth the wait.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Ana Gasteyer Loves a Good Mint Julep
- Starbucks New ‘Secret’ Drink Is a Ghastly Purple Nightmare
- World’s Worst Customer Injures Himself and 4 Others After Accidentally Firing His Gun at a Restaurant
- A Chef Explains Why He’s Suddenly Closing His Much-Loved Brooklyn Restaurant
- More Whole Foods Products Recalled Over Food-Safety Fears