All Reader Reviews of...
132 W. 58th St., New York, NY, 10019
nr. Sixth Ave.
amazing! new look! maybe new money
By janfoodie on 10/4/2013
Been eating here since a long time. Its amazing. Was there last week and saw a refreshed look. And the food is still excellent! May have a new money backer in the business and I say HORRAY.
Great date place
By Diningguru on 7/10/2010
I took my girlfriend for the first time, and I can honestly say this was one of the best dinners that we have had in a while! We got the tasting menu with the wines and loved everything -- would highly recommend the poached egg dish with lobster.
Always an Epicurean Dream!
By UWSDiningSas on 7/10/2010
I have been eating at Seasonal for over a year, and always thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere, whether I'm there with a large party or with a client. The food always impresses all the people that I bring, and I also always appreciate the service, especially when either chef, Wolfgang or Eddie make an appearance and frequent the tables. The food is also in-line with the experience, with Foie Gras that puts all other Foie Gras' to shame, and as always a lovely, light and crispy Wiener Schnitzel. I will recommend this restaurant to anyone, especially in the evenings, or even for an aperitif after work.
A True Delight - Fine, Original Cuisine
By rossbacher on 2/17/2010
My wife, daughter and I went to Seasonal on Monday, the 15th. It was a delight. The service was attentive and knowledgable, both as to the food and the remarkable selection of Austrian wines. The cuisine was outstanding, combining modern touches and traditional recipes in some cases and simply excellent original recipes in others. The dining room is simply furnished and comfortable. It is one of the finest dining experiences we have had in recent memory.
not sure what they were thinking...
By dontstealmyidea on 1/7/2010
i went to this place on the "where to eat" recommendation and it was a huge disappointment. we had three dishes that the waiter himself suggested and 2 out of 3 were not good. pork belly, poached egg w lobster, "tavelspitz"... all were thoroughly middling. the service was slightly obnoxious (but attentive). much older clientele, which doesn't sound like anything but it does make a difference. i have no idea what they were thinking putting this restaurant on the WTE list. luckily my date and i could laugh about it, but some might not be so lucky. do yourself a favor, skip it and go somewhere you know is good.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s