All Reader Reviews of...
329 Smith St., Brooklyn, NY, 11231
nr. President St.
Will always put this on our agenda for NYC
By kcoffman7 on 2/2/2014
We returned to Seersucker last night, which we first visited on a trip to NYC a few years ago. It was worth the trip out to Brooklyn. The service was excellent including a lovely chat with the co-owner. I really enjoyed my mac&cheese and fried chicken. I'm looking forward to my next trip to NYC so I can try their other restaurants. Plus, Carroll Gardens is a very cute area to spend an afternoon--great shops, boutiques and more.
Worth the trip out to Carroll Gardens
By pgdoggs on 2/1/2014
Cleaned-up Southern is the best description. Menu is unique and full of interesting and fresh dishes and some good 'ole comfort staples...but changes often depending upon what ingredients are in season. Friendly and knowledgable wait staff and a cozy, clean, and simple yet tasteful decor. Great music. Make a reservation if you go during peak dining hours.
over-rated hipster schlock
By yanivnord on 9/7/2011
the food was bad, the service snobby. i'm probably just jaded, but i am so sick of the whole highbrow homestyle soul-food schtick. this place feels dated and trendy and it's only been open a year or so.
By rachelluna on 3/2/2011
Simple, fresh, perfectly and creatively balanced ingredients - I didn't want the Winter Vegetable salad to end. Excellent egg salad sandwich as well, with not-too-vinegary pickles (which they promise to start jarring and selling - huzzah!).
An excellent meal
By teeteringwreck on 10/25/2010
One of the best meals I've had lately, everything my friends and I ordered was terrific, from the Appetizer Tray to every entree and dessert. Don't miss the chicken and dumplings. (Update after another visit: Dumplings weren't that great on the second visit. Portions can be a little small and overpriced.)
More biscuits please
By minka1 on 5/31/2010
Loved the biscuits and the pork belly. Biscuits came with strawberry jam, honey butter and onion marmalade. Could eat the pork belly every day. Make sure to sprinkle a good amount of the chili vinegar on it. Cuts the richness and plays up the sweet meltiness. Nice space, nice staff.
Kiss my grits!
By thegreat on 5/31/2010
This place made me want to kiss my deliciously perfect grits...and chicken and dumplings....and deviled eggs, and oh, if only I could make out with that pimento cheese. This is some seriously delicious food served in a beautifully designed, blissfully serene space. Did I mention the dumplings? Served piping hot with the tastiest crispy chicken skin ever, I'll order a double portion next time I visit, because I just cannot possibly get enough. Oh, and strawberry shortcake! Whoa. Perfect.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s