All Reader Reviews of...
89 South St., Pier 17, New York, NY, 10038
nr. Beekman St.
horrible experience- made me sick!
By ErinbhNYC on 8/24/2009
A friend and I decided to eat lunch at Sequoia on Saturday, August 22, 2009 around 1pm. We were waited on by a young lady who did not know anything about the menu. I asked her questions about the salads and her response was that she "did not know because she doesn't like salad." So I ordered a crab cake salad which when I asked what was in it she said "just salad with a crab cake" but did not mention that there were apples and feta which was not a very good combination with crab -- I would not have ordered it if I knew and on top of that the crab cake did not taste fresh and was almost $20. My friend who I was dining with asked if the blueberry pancakes had real, fresh blueberries or canned blueberries in syrup. She said fresh, but seemed clueless but she ordered them and they were actually canned and in syrup. After I left the restaurant I felt sick and and I was sick for the rest of the day and into the night. I paid $50 for a horrible meal that made me sick! NEVER EAT AT SEQUOIA!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Salad Chain Literally Everyone’s Obsessed With Bans Bacon and Sriracha From Its Menus
- Lin-Manuel Miranda â€‹Finally Got His Sardi’s Portrait
- Dairy Queen Gives America ‘Ultimate Frappé’ Coffee Drinks
- GQ’s ‘12 Best New Restaurants of 2016’ Includes Wildair, Untitled, and Mimi
- Olmsted, From 3 Atera Alumni, Opens in Prospect Heights Tonight