All Reader Reviews of...
1022 Madison Ave., New York, NY, 10021
at 79th St.
By AmeliaNYC on 4/3/2010
Just had dinner here. While the ambiance is nice and the food is pretty good it was nothing to write home about and I wouldn't go out of your way to take people here on a special occasion. I ordered the swordfish special and it was a weird thin cut of fish with no sides, only some cherry tomatoes. The other entrees the people I was with ordered were ok, but stingy on the potatoes and side dishes. And no Italian bread for starters!
By Hot on 10/29/2009
The best Italian restaurant for casual dining. There are several Serafinas in NYC, the food is always consistently good. Make sure to try the Focaccia Di Sofia, crispy on the outside and soft cheese with truffle oil on the inside. Nice grilled fish selection too. Kid friendly, cool vibe, music, families, single people--something for everyone.
what a rip-off
By juliahope on 6/15/2008
The food was medicore, and the service horrible! They kept complaining about the need to turn over the tables in front of us when we were done in under 30 minutes. They never refilled water and even tried to take my plate away before my husband's dinner was brought out! To add insult, we went to the bathroom and they moved all of us our things away from the table and on the floor!
very Chic and New York!
By pcxo on 4/19/2007
Food was very tasty. My only gripe is that the waiter didn't ask if we needed refills and unfortunatly, we were thirsty for more water. Everything else was good. The atmosphere is very chic and fresh for a nice afternoon lunch after shopping. The place was very busy and noisy but we got in right away and were seated. Price wise, expensive, but it is after all NY and most places we ate at were around the same prices as this restaurant.
By Krysi on 11/29/2004
The goat cheese salad and the pizzas are wonderful! The decor is also very classy italian. It is worth it to give your Manolo's a rest from Madison and stop in here for a great pizza!
Madison Avenue Institution
By martin_chamois on 10/19/2004
Serafina has been, is, and will continue to be a Madison Ave/Eastside institution. And it should be. It is pleasant and inviting place, particularly the upper room. The food while not knocking anyone socks off, is solid and flavorful. Service can be spotty. Overall a decent place for lunch or a light dinner.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu