All Reader Reviews of...
1402 Lexington Ave., New York, NY, 10128
at 92nd St.
Great White Hype
By tie730 on 2/12/2009
I really wanted this place to be the BEST but sadly it was not. The best part was the Bread. Unfortunately the baker was "Out sick" so we could not eat more of it. Crab cannelloni to start was solid. There signature dish, Taglitelli (sp?) with Bolognese was just OK. Very Meaty and not enough sauce, very dry. Tasty but not the best. It is certainly worth a try if you have a reservation. The Decor is great. Old and wooden tables. Has a great Old school Italian feel to it, even offering you to drink out of the standard Italian wine glasses and not some lame Stem wear. They must have been having an off night. The waitress was Amazing. Picked up on the fact that we were there on a BDAY and the dessert came with complete with Candle. At first it took some time to order but once she got to us she treated us like royalty.
Quick trip to Italy
By Orthochick on 4/20/2008
What a delight to have Sfoglia in our neighborhood! The atmosphere is warm, relaxing and transports one to Italy. The food is delicious and beautiful. Standouts are the gnudi (literally "nude" ravioli), the pasta with ragu of lamb, mint and pistachio, and their perfectly prepared fish. Be careful, though; the portions are on the large side so don't fill up on the antipasti. The wine list is reasonable as well. A perfect night for a date or with friends. Worth the wait for a reservation.
By Kendall Herbst (NY MAG) on 3/13/2007
I'm not a huge fan of italian food but this place was amaaaazing. for my post-college budget it was a splurge but totally worth it. the wine was delicious, the waiters were lovely...a great night. A head's up, though, most people were a good 20+ yrs older than my friends and i.
By pasquala on 3/17/2007
Went with my husband and 3 year old daughter and had a mind-blowing meal. It was so hard to decide what to eat as the whole menu is enticing. The food was incredible and such great value for money. The dishes were some of the best Italian food I have ever had. Service was superb. Can't wait to go back. Heartily recommended.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda â€‹Finally Got His Sardi’s Portrait
- Dairy Queen Gives America ‘Ultimate Frappé’ Coffee Drinks
- GQ’s ‘12 Best New Restaurants of 2016’ Includes Wildair, Untitled, and Mimi
- Olmsted, From 3 Atera Alumni, Opens in Prospect Heights Tonight
- A Pastry Chef Claims San Francisco’s Museum of Modern Art Stole Her Cake Ideas