All Reader Reviews of...
7 E. 48th St., New York, NY, 10017
nr. Fifth Ave.
By mskb on 7/16/2010
Shinbashi prepared the best sushi and chirashi we have ever tasted. We've had sushi fairly frequently for decades and would never before have thought to comment on the rice, but this rice is worth comment: it was flavorful without being overbearing--an experience in itself. The fish was exceptionally fresh, firm and well-cut. The eel and the ebi were particularly tasty. The service was attentive without being fussy-- the wait staff had a sense of humor without being lax. You might pay a little extra to have your sushi night at Shinbashi but it's worth it!
By jmart14 on 6/29/2010
This is the best service you will find in NYC. The manager met us on the street because we were having difficulty finding the place. We were running late and they stayed open late for us. I even spilled soya sauce on my shirt and our waiter opened a new bottle of club soda just to help me get the stain out. Free of charge! Not to mention the food was fantastic and the prices are very reasonable for NYC sushi. The atmosphere was great as well. I could not reccomend any place more! WE LOVED IT!!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu