All Reader Reviews of...
155 E. 55th St., New York, NY, 10022
nr. Lexington Ave.
By woolyhat on 4/14/2009
Let me start this review with warning to anyone planning to visit this restaurant. Everything about it was terrible- the service rude and unhelpful, the food overcooked and greasy and the decoration shabby and tacky. I read a few positive reviews on this website but they can only have been written by either the manager of the restaurant or by people who haven't tasted real chinese food. We ordered dumplings, lamb, duck and vegetables and the food became more vile with every course. The manager was clearly trying to turn over as many tables as possible and we got stuck with a bill for $150 for two people. If you want great chinese food go to Chinatown Brasserie or try Chin Chin in midtown. I want my money back!!!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s