All Reader Reviews of...
560 Fifth Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11215
at 15th St.
First of its kind on this side of Park Slope
By NYCritic on 12/30/2008
A handsome bartender at BR Downing St. Bar recommended Sidecar and since I trust attractive people, I did as he suggested. Went with a food snob friend this evening and we both give kudos to this neighborly bar/resto for moving onto the 99 cent shop-lined streets of Fifth Ave. The pleasant staff, affordable comfort food menu and no fuss cocktail list will make me think twice from now on before scrambling for a sodium-saturated kimchi dog at PDT or letting The Man at Death & Co. tell me that he'll call me when a table opens up. Granted the servers at Sidecar do not wear vests - it's not a speakeasy - the ambience is similar and the cocktails (not the wine) are comparable. Cab fare savings are also a plus if you live nearby like I do.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu