All Reader Reviews of...
91 First Ave., New York, NY, 10003
nr. 6th St.
Great food, great service and great value
By largeoldshoe on 8/26/2007
For most meat eating south indians i would recommend this restaurant over most other bangladeshi run punjabi indian restaurants. Food is awsome and service is great too.
By bzinda on 10/29/2006
Food just like Grandmother used to cook. Delicious.
Food to bring memories
By lankaman on 10/2/2006
Excellent food - reminds me of food I ate when I lived in Sri Lanka. Good service and great curries. The Jack fruit curry , hoppers and "mallum" were good. We live in California and when we get to NYC, always visit this place and take our friends here. Has never failed to go away happy after dining here. Sunday buffet is great !!!
Excellent food, great service
By riverplace on 12/29/2005
Great authentic Sri Lankan food. The restaurent is small and run by a family who provide excellent service with the customary Sri Lankan hospitality. The pol rotti and aappa (hoppers) here are excellent. Good value for money as well. The music was soft and unobtrusive, service was very accomodating.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More