All Reader Reviews of...
47 E. 124th St., New York, NY, 10035
at Madison Ave.
By Kwright1 on 7/28/2015
If you're looking for a flavor explosion in every bite....Sisters Caribbean Cuisine is the place to eat! I have eaten there for many years and all of their ingredients are fresh. Whether you are a vegetarian or a meat lover, you're sure to find a favorite dish. The short ribs, oxtails, Roti, salmon, curried goat, greens, rice and beans, yams, mac and cheese....and desserts are "scrape your plate" good. The fresh lemonade..Oh my! Whether she is cooking for one or catering for 500, Marlin, the owner cooks from her soul. She is a tribute to the community, modest about "paying her success forward" and is a world class entrepreneur. Go once and you'll be back!
By neinei on 6/4/2011
Food is not great. Service leaves much to be desired. DO NOT PURCHASE A GROUPON for this restaurant. It will NOT be honored. This place is like a fast food restaurant. You have to order at the register and wait for your order by the counter. Definitely stay away from the mac and cheese, the corn bread, the white rice and the stewed chicken.
By Juliana222 on 5/17/2011
Food is ok, but the service is terrible. You can stand there waiting for 15 mins and no one will pay attention to you. Owner extremely arrogant & doesn't care about customer service. High prices, comparable to Midtown but in Harlem! Callaloo is too wet & heavy. Only take cash - a pain. Not worth it.
By yalenadelacruz on 7/31/2010
It was really delicious. A little bit more expensive than this page saids. But is really good and price and quality are accord.
Sisters deserves a recipe book and all the accolades that come with it!
By americamercedes on 11/25/2009
I found Sisters 10 years ago while working in Harlem, then rediscovered it 3 years ago. One of the few local, reliably good, stable Caribbean restaurants - bad parking. AWESOME food. My favorites are the Curried Goat, which she makes into a delightfully sharable Roti. The Rice and Peas are beyond compare. Not many restaurants use coconut milk anymore. This one can be eaten alone. I'm an Oxtail Stew fan. This one is the perfect blend of sweet and savory. The candied yams are fabulous. I treat my Mom and Employees and they all lick the plates. My husband loves the Jerk which is nice and spicy. Each year my husband and I throw a huge July 4th BBQ in CT. Tired of being in the kitchen for so long, we now use Sisters. The guests fight over leftovers.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Supreme Court Won’t Stand in the Way of Seattle’s $15 Minimum Wage
- Congress Introduced a Bill to Keep Journalists From Snooping Around Big Food
- A Farming Cartoonist Was Fired for Joking About Big Agriculture
- Why This Leading London Chef Feels Energized by New York Kitchens
- Oxford Student Refuses to Tip Server Because She’s White