All Reader Reviews of...
58 Park Ave., New York, NY, 10016
at 38th St.
By smp2157 on 9/2/2012
Upon arrival at Scandinavia House I was taken aback by the wonderful and strategically placed white tree in the centre of the restaurant, a refreshing change from the brick and metallic exoskeleton of New York City. The restaurant was airy and light with simple and clean white wooden features. Most importantly it was incredibly serene. Our waiter Vitality was attentive and soft spoken and provided us with helpful menu suggestions. The Riesling wine was sweet and crisp, a prefect compliment to our meatball dinner which was fantastic. The meatballs were smaller that what we have come across in the past but they were plentiful and succulent. A lovely light gravy was served with them, as well as creamy mash potatoes topped with spring onion and shredded root vegetables, the perfect balance between indulgence and health. The majority of the time I come away from dinners in New York City feeling overly full and somewhat guilty about my pitiful attempt of healthy menu selections, but after dining at Smorgas I appreciated the simplicity and wholesomeness of Scandinavian cooking and will make an effort to dine there many more times in the future.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu