All Reader Reviews of...
451 Court St., Brooklyn, NY, 11231
nr. 4th Pl.
By micaha on 9/26/2013
I've never asked for my money back from a delivery place before, but there's a first time for everything. We had guests over and ordered two pizzas, which cost a whopping $60. The food took two hours to arrive, despite repeated calls over the course of the second hour during which we were assured it was on its way. When it finally arrived we paid (and even tipped! because it wasn't the delivery guy's fault, right?!), only to discover the pizza was ICE COLD. Not luke warm, just frozen crap. We called back and asked for our money back and were told that they would bring it right over. We waited about an hour and a half, at which point it was after midnight and we gave up. This was the worst customer experience i've had in New York in a long time.
The owner should be in jail.
By hatethisguy on 3/18/2011
Just google him or see how many violations he has on all the buildings he owns/in foreclosure on. On top of that the food is terrible.
BOYCOTT THIS PLACE
By BOYCOTT on 4/3/2010
Who cares about the food. Due to ILLEGAL construction at their East Village outpost, the entire building above them has NOT HAD GAS FOR 8 DAYS. A real New Yorker would BOYCOTT this place, just based on principal.
Great place to relax!
By lariza on 5/17/2009
My friend and I found this pizza place by accident. And since then we have made this into a regular place to go to. Their pizza is great! With different toppings every night. Its a good place to relax, great selection of music. The employees are very nice. I'd recommend this to any one who want to bring a date or just wants to go and have a good time.
Great addition to the neighborhood!
By Elsie on 6/20/2008
This pizza is cooked in a coal oven so wouldn't compare it to Lucali directly since the different ovens create different pizzas. Went there last night and our pies had that nice char of a coal oven but were by no means burnt. They stayed crispy from start to finish and we enjoyed every bite. Even had room for the cookies which are delicious! Definitely try this place -- great pizza, service, bar.
By monkeyb76 on 6/16/2008
Being a bit of a pizza-holic, I eagerly try out most of the new spots I can find. So when SBP opened, I was excited. However, I was a bit disappointed by the slightly overpriced ($12) pizza, which came out charred and somewhat bland. I felt like the pizza-maker was winging it after taking a couple of pizza making classes. A expensive brick oven doesn't necessarily do all the work or make up for other things that are lacking. I might give it some time, but considering Lucali's is right around the corner on Henry street - I would head there over this place anytime.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s