All Reader Reviews of...
273 Church St., New York, NY, 10013
nr. Franklin St.
Souths have the Best Nachos anywhere on this planet !!!!!!!
By mbeadling on 5/30/2012
The International Day of the Nacho takes place every October 21. It was initiated in the 1990s in the United States and Mexico to commemorate the invention of nachos by Ignacio "Nacho" Anaya in 1943. In Souths they celebrate the Nacho everyday, all their food is great but their Nachos are legendary.
Great food great prices and staff who take just the right amount of notice
By helenenright on 4/16/2007
Went here the first night we were in NY after travelling from UK as we just wanted something quick, easy and not too expensive. I found out about Souths on this website and it certainly did not disappoint. Decor is a bit shabby, but it has a rough and ready charm and the food is just great. We shared tortillas and chilli and it was perfect with a cold beer and a glass of pinot grigio. The steak is fab too, as is the chicken and the braised ribs. Staff are friendly and relaxed but know as soon as your glass is empty and are attentive without being cloying. The music is fab too playing the likes of The Strokes. Prices are perfect and you just have to be there at lunchtimes to see how popular the place is with the local city workers. This place is better than it thinks it is and it's just a shame it's not a bit bigger but then maybe that's part of what makes it work so well. Go there you won't be disappointed.
Wonderful place with GREAT food!
By NYCLover64 on 12/11/2006
The food is really really good. I'm talking REALLY good. And the prices.... AMAZING. It is so cheap, but you feel like you should have to pay double for what you're eating. And, they have the best ice tea in the city.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat â€‹Right Now
- CafÃ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’