All Reader Reviews of...
113 W. 13th St., New York, NY, 10011
nr. Sixth Ave.
Huge Portions Low Prices Great Quality!
By oofzgook on 2/10/2009
The servers were warm, friendly and attentive! The food portion was huge and tasted amazingly authentic. The prices were cheap considering the portion size of the food! I recommend this place for cheap food without sacrificing the overall taste and service! You can't ask for more!
By cynthiak on 10/8/2016
2.0 star rating 10/8/2016 I read the Sept 18, 2016 New York Times review of Spain, the restaurant, and was enticed by its "quaintness". So I dropped in at the bar last night. I was not amused by the surly bartender, even if he is 81 years old. He doesn't interact with the bar patrons. Doesn't smile. Snickered when I asked for the tapas after my first glass of wine. Rushed me to leave after a couple (small) glasses of wine when it was clear that I didn't want a refill. I went on a tapas safari in San Sebastian in the Basque region several years ago. Spain the restaurant can't compare. Meatballs and very salty patatas bravas doused in hot sauce are not my idea of tapas. Don't waste your time and money in this place.
"BEWARE of Spain Restaurant"
By RLW7831 on 2/6/2012
My Wife and I have dined all over the World.We were in NYC for our 25th anniversary ,we had a Blast..For 7 days the people of NYC were so nice to us the W in time square were the Greatest....BUT then we went to Spain Restaurant,it all went down hill...I had been craving lobster..when our cocky waiter served the dish ,the lobster was so DRY and about 20 min latter when the waiter finally got to our table i asked if he would take it back and bring another he gave me an eat s..t look.He never came back to my table ..this goon comes over, hands me the bill w/20% added and hand written CASH ONLY..On the way out i asked for the Mgr. .....this old man walks out with a baseball bat and says YOU THE ONE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE LOBSTER...THIS WAS THE ONLY BAD TIME WE HAD IN NYC !!!!!! Spain Restaurant...YOU GUYS SUCK ..
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu