All Reader Reviews of...
326 E. 6th St., New York, NY, 10003
nr. Second Ave.
Bananas in Butter Chicken??????
By ocean7997 on 7/13/2013
I have never written a review on a restaurant but the order experience was horrible. I was excited to try this restaurant given the great reviews. As Butter Chicken (Chicken Mahkni) is my favorite dish, I ordered two dishes for delivery. To my dismay, the sauce was non-creamy and had chunks of bananas. I called the restaurant and was told there were no bananas in the dish. As the chef had already gone home for the evening, the employee said there was nothing he could do and that I should seek a refund from the delivery company. Dismissive, untruthful staff, wasn't able to eat the food, and having to dispute order...A real disappointment.
Best Indian place in town.. MUST TRY
By princetalha on 5/6/2013
I LOVED THIS PLACE... the food is incredible and service was impeccable. My favorite place to eat. The service and food quality is well worth the price. every time it gets better i go there.
By ukhosla on 5/11/2012
As an Indian I am embarrassed that this is how the restaurant is presenting "Indian food" to New Yorkers. Every item On the menu has the same taste- that of rubber, which canned curry sauce poured over it. With the $16.95 platter I was served dollar store pita bread NOT naan..really???? So surprised to see 8/10 rating but now I know why there were no Indians at this restaurant..only first timers getting introduced to Indian cuisine.
A real find on Curry Row
By aussieinny22 on 12/23/2010
I've been to a few of the Indian restaurants on East 6th, and Spice Cove has quickly become my favorite. The food is spectacular, incredibly delicious and SO cheap ($10 for an entree and several price-fixed menus for $10-15!!). The bottles of wine were so inexpensive I had to ask if the prices were by the glass ($16-18 for a bottle). The atmosphere is funky and cozy, staff was very pleasant. Enjoy!
Go On Week Days
By yiu8888 on 9/3/2010
I really love this restaurants,this place is so beautiful atmosphere, the foods is delicious and inexpensive,the friendly staff's service,even the funny restroom is cute! but the problem is, since the place is so small and the restaurant gets packed so easily,especially on weekend,I would really recommed coming here on weekday.
Combo platters for one?!!!
By gavinjonesgnj on 11/29/2008
Wow, the combo platters for one could feed 2-3people easily!! The 2 of us made the mistake of getting one each...we couldnt fit all the food on the table, let alone in our bellys! AMAZING! Well worth the money.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- 12 Session Beers That Are Perfect for Summer Guzzling
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument