All Reader Reviews of...
1561 Second Ave., New York, NY, 10028
at 81st St.
Worst Meal in a Long Time
By Jules72 on 2/9/2012
While I had read such nice things about Spigolo, I have to say my meal the other night was one of the worst - especially given how much it cost. While the food was fine, the service was horrific. Mean and just clueless. What was supposed to be a special night out, turned into such an aggravation that I'm writing a review. When will restaurants realize that it takes more than just cooked meat and fancy sauces - that the people seating you and bringing your food have just as much impact. And in this case ruined our meal. I'm not exactly sure what happened to Spigolo, but it's not as good as the reviews from a few years ago.
By jefflam on 11/9/2010
I went here this weekend with a group of friends and we enjoyed the experience. We had the antpasti, meatballs (special) and mussels to start and they were delicious. I had the steak for dinner with a side of broccoli rabe. I thoroughly enjoyed my dish and althougg I cannot remember what everyone else had, I know there were no complaints. Everyone in the group left satisfied with the experience. I would recommend this place to others looking for a good italian meal in the neighborhood.
Best desserts in NYC
By lodown on 5/1/2008
All the food is great, but seriously, you should take the time one night and go and sample more than one or two desserts. They are really that good!
Great food, wine, atmosphere
By rtamuranyc on 9/30/2007
Spigolo is warm and welcoming--with good food, wine, and service. What more could you want? Its size makes it harder to get a table, but also makes the restaurant cozy and comfortable. It's one of those places you want to just stay and enjoy. Food is excellent; wine list is carefully chosen and the General Manager, Heather, goes out of her way to make it one of the reasons you feel so at home. Make sure you try the rhubarb ice cream. Also a glass of Diogenes Sauvignon Blanc.
By Restarantreviewer on 1/28/2006
Spigolo really has a different spin on it than other restarants. It's a nice italian restaurant. It's a small cozy place that's perfect to bring anyone. It's not that expensive, especially for the food that you get. The pancakes with apples are a must get. The place looks great, and the service is fantastic. This is one of the best restaurants i have eaten in my entire life. I haven't had breakfast like that any where.
Warm, Friendly, Great Food...a Find on the UES
By hilleary on 5/2/2005
I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly chef duo who offered suggestions and background on the dishes. The food was extremely good as was the wine list...a great find in the 'hood!
Charming place with a great steak...
By alonzo on 3/15/2005
and an excellent wine selection
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl