All Reader Reviews of...
834 Seventh Ave., New York, NY, 10019
nr. 54th St.
Good food, bad service.
By mikemd on 8/15/2009
The Good - The food and the portions were good. The Bad - The price matches the portions and the waiters can be rude. As we were leaving we watched a waiter pick a fork off the table and used it to scape dried up food off of the table, he then placed it back down on the table for customers to use. We won't eat there again, it's too bad because the food was good.
Don't Eat Here -- The Service is Unforgivable
By dano7532 on 1/29/2008
The service at this restaurant is substandard. The waiters give rude a new meaning. If you're going to pay $20 for a sandwich, there are a hundred places in New York that will serve you them with a smile. Not only is the staff completely useless, but the management doesn't seem to care about customers' complaints at all. I guess they feel they have a built in clientele of "dumb" tourists. Go across the street. You'll get the same food with none of the unpleasantry.
By GinnieS on 9/30/2007
I go to New York several times a year. This was the first and last time i will eat at Stage Deli. Waiters were rude, all sitting in the corner. One of the waiters, was walking out of the kitchen with a cusomers meal, and was picking the french fries right off there plate and eating them, as he got to the table to place the food down. He hid the fry behind his back. It was gross. I will never return, other than the sandwiches being big, they were not all that good.
Stage Right (East)
By martin_chamois on 10/19/2004
Stage Deli has cloned itself in a number of locations, with this Upper Eastside location looking more like the place in Century City, California than the 7th Ave original. It is a comfortable place to eat NY comfort deli food. Nothing great, but nonetheless satisfying.
By sahw on 5/16/2004
As a former Carnegie Deli lover, I have had a sudden change of taste. The tongue is the best in the city. Friendly service, and you are not crammed in and seated with people you don't know, and don't want to know. Goodbye, Carnegie!
A Mile-high knock-off of the original
By truly_sweet on 8/25/2003
The corned beef is to-die-for and the cheesecake is delicious. The over-priced sandwiches are, indeed, HUGE and could easily feed 2 people. The half-sour pickles are also great, but the service and decor are just average.
By leslie999 on 2/21/2003
When your real hungry and a regular meal just wont cut it,or you need to have two nights worth of food in one meal...this is the place!!Excellent food,a real classic NY,deli.Everyone should go there at least once in their lives!!And if your crazy for cornbeef and pastrami sandwiches,it could be addicting!!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s