All Reader Reviews of...
99 Stanton St., New York, NY, 10002
nr. Ludlow St.
Horrible, horrible service
By nycdiner78 on 6/5/2008
This restaurant - albeit hip - has the rudest staff I have ever encountered in New York City (which, hopefully, says a lot). Their entitled and disrespectful attitude upset my date and I so much that we just got up and left. I would never, ever recommend this place to anyone. While Stanton Social may be what many consider "trendy" - the staffs lack of class would turn anyones stomach.
Repulsive attitude towards customers
By GarethChuggington on 4/19/2010
The previous week a friend had booked a table at the Stanton Social for a party of four. Upon arrival (on time) we were told that our table was not ready and that it would be ready in 15 minutes, after exploring every other table related option we were told we could have a drink upstairs and wait it out. After 35 minutes of waiting and numerous visits to check on the progress with the table we left to find a restaurant interested in providing us with a service. The main issue I have with our experience at SS was the attitude of the hostess, she lacked common courtesy, made no effort to keep us updated and showed no signs of any basic social skills. This place seriously needs to review it's hiring/training process for customer facing staff.
By amelia5583 on 3/23/2009
The Special Events Manager was nasty and unhelpful when I tried to book a table for 10 people. This place is so over - and over-rated. I discourage anyone to go!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Pizzeria Debuts Trump Pizza, Sliced Small for People With Tiny Fingers
- Donald Trump Celebrates Cinco de Mayo With ‘the Best Taco Bowls’
- New York Times Getting Into the Business of Delivering Food to People’s Homes
- The Metrograph Movie House Serves Steak Tartare at Its Commissary
- Jewish Leader Accuses Michelin of Being Anti-Semitic