All Reader Reviews of...
99 Stanton St., New York, NY, 10002
nr. Ludlow St.
can we get a slice of pie on the way home?
By sjigga on 9/13/2005
A buzy atmosphere and a tantalizing menu had my mouth watering after an interminably long wait. Food was great but portions were miniscule. Each dish consisted of 4 hors d'ouvre sized morsels, that left our stomachs begging for more but our wallets saying no. Save a couple of bucks for a slice of pie on the way home.
Small portions are fine...if they are done well!
By atteojnnyl on 6/13/2005
First, the portions are small. This can be a great feature, because it gives you the chance to try many different things. But here--tragically--things were not done well. The ingredients sounded fantastic, and a few dishes were well-executed (like the french onion soup dumplings, and the kobe sliders), but too many of them were just blah. The foie gras was actually disgusting...and I love foie. The bus boys were very aggressive, repeatedly attempting to take dishes that were only half finished. The drinks were quite good. At the end of the meal, 6 of us paid about $60 each and then went home and ordered pizza. We were so disappointed! The service was good at first, but when we failed to order dessert or more dishes, it turned to a little rude. And all of the servers were severly malnourished...which should have given us pause in the first place.
dinner at Stanton Social
By rperl on 4/23/2005
Great design and ambience. The food and service were incredibly well put together, as this establishment has just opened and almost everything we tried was great.The lamb tacos and beef wellington big winners.inexpensive apts at $8 and mains at $12-14
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu