All Reader Reviews of...
9 E. 16th St., New York, NY, 10003
nr. Clarkson St.
Once Upon a Time This Was Decent...
By O_Coelho on 11/23/2008
The old Steak Frites was a staedy mie-priced stand-by off Union Square. Over the last 2+ years it clearly went south in terms of food quality, professional service, etc. The new locale is a complete disaster and destined for a gratefully quick exit from the NY restaurant scene. The staff now have the culinary acumen of servers at a Friday's in Rockford, Illinois and the food was terrible. You're better off going to any Greek diner and orderint the strip or Roumanian steak than eating this swill.
By jmonster66 on 9/30/2008
I was expecting so much more from this restaurant. I ordered their "Specialty" Steak Frites, and it was terrible. The steak was tough and very hard to chew. The only thing on that plate I enjoyed, were the fries. The service was also horrible. The waiter was completely zoned out and it seemed like he wasn't thinking about anything except going home. I didn't appreciate that at all. Don't go to this restaurant. It's not worth it.
Good selection, but not great
By mwilli21 on 7/1/2008
This is a spot to go for your lunch break or after lunch, definitely business-catered. The best part about this place may have been it's service, but the food was very good and I would like to go back and try some more things. Try the soup/salads, skip the burgers.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages