All Reader Reviews of...
13 E. 12th St., New York, NY, 10003
nr. University Pl.
Go some where else
By Garrett5i7 on 3/9/2010
Went there with a group of six and everyone (4) who order a steak dish agreed it taste like rubber. The crab cakes were terrible as an appetitizer and the service was lacking. Forget about resrvations waited 45 minutes to table (8:30 Reservation seated at 9:15).
Even if I get paid.. never go back
By Kikinoou1201 on 5/3/2010
First and last of all, service sucks. Sucks, the worst ever in my entire life in NYC of 13 years. Tried most of "fancy" "hot" restaurants in NYC, ok, bar is packed, somewhat classy, good location, something to check out I thought. My friends were not too hungry, so decided to share bigger sized steak, they split it to two, served in two plates, things seemed to be ok.. until the size of the steak was super small (It wasn't HALF of what the steak itself would be) we politely asked, because it was obvious, just saying "each portion looks too small". Floor manager, almost laughed "U guys SHARING steak?" you get the message? He wanted to get away with it, by trying to make us feel bad...(?) about sharing steak, who cares? We were 4, ordered 3 main courses, is it THAT funny? He kept being SOO rude, over "why are you sharing" to "well, if you want bigger piece, you should order another", to "don't know what you want me to do". SO we asked for Manager, he apologized, but the rude guy never did. He, white mid thirty, shorty was the reason we all left, without eating anything, after waiting 30 minutes to get a table. Oh btw, yes we did have reseravtion. Conclusion: Rude restaurant like this, should not survive in NYC. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE where they serve great steak, with great service.
Nasty, confrontational service
By Maggie231 on 7/18/2008
When I asked the waiter if I could have my steak pink-- he became confrontational and arrogant and replied "we do not do medium plus". Really -- there are so many great restaurants in New York that are service oriented and serve good food. Save your self the money--- go elsewhere.
Can't handle a crisis
By bisiquino on 12/9/2003
We picked the Strip House for or annual XMAS dinner and when we got there we found people mulling around the entrance looking confused. We entered and were told there had been a fire in the kitchen. We could wait at the bar (at our expense)until the grill was "fired up". Estimated time varied depending on which of the 12 year olds you spoke to. No restaurant management was visible.I go to hamburger places that could handle it better than that! Stay away form the glazier group.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Enrique Olvera Opening Casual Mexican Spot in Noho
- Café Gratitude Owners Receive Death Threats Over Animal-Slaughter Scandal
- Watch Key and Peele Go Crazy Eating Hot Wings
- Dunkin’ Donuts Takes Aim at Starbucks With Its New Coffee Strategy
- Where to Eat and Drink Outdoors Now That It's Finally Warming Up